On the 17 October, I, along with Arun, Saurabh, Prasanth along with few others was invited to meet Mr.Vidyashankar, Secretary to Government of Karnataka, India for an introduction and Q&A of the new version of BangaloreIT.In, a mega event showcasing Information Technology, Bio-Technology and Science & Technology event organized by Karnataka Government every year during November.
We were given an appointment time at 7 PM and we were in his chamber by around 7:15 PM. The discussion lasted for almost 2 hours, but I had to leave a bit before. Here are few key highlights of our interaction with him:
IT Infrastructure in Karnataka, an Overview of Present and future….
- IT in Karnataka contributes to 26% of GDP and nation contributes to 4.7%
- This will cross 50% by 2010
- There are 4,90,000 people working in the IT sector
- Karnataka has more than 225 organizations in the BT sector
- Karnataka has more than 1,900 organizations in IT sector
- All Fortune 500 organizations in the world have presence in the state
- Karnataka will have its First Knowledge City in the country in an area spanning 10,000 acres. There are 5 townships planned around Bangalore
- When organizations buy land for their offices, they will also need to take land for providing residential accommodation. This will help de-congest the city.
- The 10,000 acre Knowledge City will have 25,000 Square Foot built up area.
- The first township is coming up at Bidadi, a suburb in the south of Bangalore.
- The Bidadi township is to be completed in 3 years and will have 13-14 Software Export Zones.
- Lowest agricultural land has been acquired for this project.
- Total investment of Rupees 60,000 Crores.
- At the present rate of growth, Bidadi Knowledge City will suffice until 2015.
- There were 32 Bidders for the Project and 1 has been shortlisted.
BangaloreIT.In – Redefining the Technology Event…
BangaloreIT.In is being organized for the last 5 Years in Bangalore during November every year. The first two editions of the event have a great success, and after that, there has been a downturn in organizing the event, with the key objectives not being met…